Monday, January 31, 2011

February Meal Plan

It seems to me that I am always caught surprised at the end of the month, I never seem to notice it passing.  For February, I had fully intended on creating a meal plan that exercised strict frugality.  I had plans of comparing ingredient prices in recipes and creating an incredibly budget friendly menu for the month, including breakfasts, lunches and snacks.

Unfortunately, misery in the form of weeks of the flu followed by a stomach bug has invaded the household (we are not yet in the clear) and I was unable to sit down with a calculator as I had hoped.  Instead, February's meal plan is a reflection of meals that I think are inexpensive.  I suppose as we enter into a new and hopefully healthier month we will see how near the mark I am in my assumptions.  A few of the meals you may notice are "repeat offenders" which in most cases means that they were skipped over last month.  Perhaps they will find more favor in February.

February
Mon. Tues. Wed. Thur. Fri. Sat. Sun.

Pancakes & Sausage Cream of Tomato Soup, Cheese Sandwiches Chicken Pot Pie Potato Soup Pesto Stuffed Shells Salmon Salad Sandwiches
Veggie Burgers, Baked Sweet Potato Fries Rice, Refried Beans, and Cheese Casserole Fried Fish Sandwiches Salisbury Steak, Potatoes, Peas Sweet Potatoes with Warm Black Bean Salad General Tso's Chicken Salmon Salad Sandwiches
Egg Nests Cabbage Rolls Fusilli with Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce Chicken Noodle Soup Chili w/Cornbread Chicken Marsala, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roast Carrots Salmon Salad Sandwiches
Pesto Chicken Pasta Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes Salmon Patties Samosas Lentil, Chickpea, and Rice Dish Roast Chicken, Stuffing, Corn Salmon Salad Sandwiches
Corny Mashed Potato Bowls






1 comment:

  1. Your brother who is eating only Hallelujah thanks you for the plethora of vegetable dishes on Fridays (I know we haven't been coming over much, but that's not completely our fault)... your chili is vegetarian, right? (Relax, if it's not, I just won't worry about it, the rest of the month looks very promising...). Man alive, that joker's prison biscuit dessert looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...