Monday, October 11, 2010

excerpts from Little Man

I hear the bathroom sink running and knowing that Little Man is up to no good I go and see what he is doing.  As I turn the corner I see that he is sticking his face under the faucet.

So I ask, "What are you doing?"

Little Man says, "I wanted to wash my hands."

"Then why is your face in the water."

"Yeah," is his very enlightening reply.

I feel the smile breaking through so I cover my face with the flannel I have open over my t-shirt and ask, "What do you mean, 'yeah', why is your face in the water?"

He has noticed my odd behavior and is too busy trying to cover his face with his t-shirt to answer me.  I ask him again, but by now by voice is betraying me as my face had already done. 

Little Man heard me this time but he also heard the amusement in my voice, the little booger.  Grinning up at me he says, "Yeah. My face in the water."

It's a lost cause.  My face and voice have turned against me and I can't get a grasp on the stern and put it back in them.  So I admit defeat and just tell him to get out of the bathroom and stop playing with the sink.


--------

I was using a set of bungee cords and had them sitting next to me.  Little Man came and hooked two ends together around his waist so that he could have a belt like his daddy.  I was only vaguely paying attention to his actions, enough to recognize that he wasn't causing trouble but not really hearing what he was saying.  When I listened a little closer I heard what he was saying, "Help me, help me, I stuck, uh, uhh, errr, help, I can't get away!" Unfortunately for him, he had leaned back against the gate and managed to somehow get one of the hooks stuck to it, effectively trapping himself.

--------

Yesterday while I was over at Mom's house I had her cut my hair very short for me.  I had about 10-12 inches chopped off, leaving me with hair about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long.  Quite a drastic change.  Ever since this happened, Little Man has been repeatedly asking, "Where'd Mommy's hair go?" and then answering himself, "Grandma did it! It's all gone!"
(I get a kick out of him blaming Grandma)

--------

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That's a laugh out loud moment: "Help me, help me..." priceless...
    -it's that brother again

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...