Sunday, October 31, 2010

November Meal Plan

I like that in the cooler months my options for foods opens up.  I don't like to use the stove or oven much at all if I can help it in the summertime, so now that it is a lot cooler I have been making a lot more soups and breads and casseroles.  We did surprisingly well with actually sticking to the items on the menu this past month.  There were some things that got skipped over, or had their ingredients reinvented into a completely different dish, but that is something I expect to happen.  I think it is a successful month when I don't have to ask Hey, Babe to stop for takeout or at the store to get something quick for dinner.  Since that didn't happen at all in October we'll call it good and move along.

In the 13 months that we've been planning and shopping for our meals a month at a time, we have only had two months that we didn't buy last minute alternative meals.  The other 11 months weren't so successful, things happened and we got a lot more takeout than I'd like or a lot more runs to the store to get something easier/faster for dinner.  2 out of 13 isn't a great track record, but since even the worst of those months are better than before I started meal planning I am happy overall.  Besides, I started this monthly meal planning idea and then got pregnant.  Trying to stick with a meal plan while dealing with pregnancy craving and aversions is tough.  And then figuring out things to cook with a baby on your hip? Also tricky. 

Here is what we plan on eating for dinner this month:

November
Mon. Tues. Wed. Thur. Fri. Sat. Sun.
Leftover Minestrone Soup Pancakes w/Apple Butter Taco Salad Pan Fried Tilapia, Green Beans, Rice Spaghetti & Meatballs
Southwestern Egg Rolls
Company
Oven Fried Chicken, Creamed Spinach, Baked Potatoes Brazilian Rice and Beans Chicken Caesar Salad Chicken Chow Mein over Rice Pepperoni Pan Pizza Party Salmon Salad Sand-
wiches
Make Ahead French Toast Casserole, Sausage White Bean & Ham Soup Chicken Curry Over Rice Spanikopita Sarah's Cabbage Soup Lassagna w/ Meat Sauce Salmon Salad Sand-
wiches
Chicken Enchiladas Meatloaf, Broccoli & Carrots, Salad Chef SaladTHANKS-GIVING!! Company    General Tso's Chicken Salmon Salad Sand-
wiches
Turkey Soup Crepes





Again, breakfasts are cold cereal, oatmeal, or eggs.  Lunches are some variation of sandwich or leftovers from dinner.  It occurred to me that as the kids get older, leftovers are going to be harder to come by.  That means that I may actually need to start planning lunches as well.  Hopefully by the time that happens I will be so used to planning dinners that it will be easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...